Street Fit Quality Assurance & Equal Opportunities Policy
Quality Assurance Procedures
As a Training Provider, we recognise the importance of making sure that each learner receives a consistently high quality of training from each and every tutor and at each venue where they are trained and assessed (if applicable).
To ensure a consistently high standard of training and assessment across the range of training offered, we will ensure that we will adhere to the specified criteria in the SkillsActive Code of Practice and Approval Criteria.
Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure
1. Statement of Policy
The aim of this policy is to communicate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in providing any and all of our training products and services.
2. Scope of Policy
This policy applies to:
- All learners who apply for training.
- All training events or activities.
- All resource and support opportunities that we offer.
- All staff who are employed or contracted to work with or for us.
3. Equality Commitments
We are committed to:
- Promoting equality of opportunity for all persons.
- Preventing unlawful occurrences of direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- Fulfilling our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated (SkillsActive, Awarding Organisation) Codes of Practice.
- Promoting a harmonious working and training environment where all people are treated with respect and helped to achieve their full potential.
- Taking positive action, where necessary, to adhere to our Equal Opportunities Policy.
- We accept responsibility for the effective implementation of this policy. In order to implement the policy, we shall:
- Ensure that training course places are allocated solely on the individual merits of the learner’s suitability for the course.
- Not discriminate or treat any individual unfairly on grounds of gender, race, disability, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or social background.
- Aim to make reasonable arrangements to enable individuals with individual needs and/or disabilities to access the training on the same grounds as all other applicants.
- Provide a consistent variety of teaching and learning methods and resources to cater for the diverse needs and backgrounds of the learners.
- Review the training and assessment processes diligently to measure the effectiveness of the learning methods, training materials and assessment process in meeting the diverse needs of the learners.
- Provide individual support to individuals who have specific needs.
- Ensure that staff take part in training and personal development to enable them to confidently and competently meet our Equal Opportunities Policy and maximise the learning and achievement of the learners.
5. Equality in Recruitment
- Jobs will be open equally to all eligible candidates, and appointments will only be dependent upon an applicant’s ability to perform the job role to the standard required.
- The necessary skills, experience and qualities for the position will be set in advance for the job and will be demonstrably measurable.
- Applicants will be made aware of the criteria in advance and this alone will be used as a basis for selection.
- Recruitment procedures will be fair, open and transparent.
- The recruitment and selection team will be expected to operate within our Equal Opportunities Policy and practices to reduce the possibility of discrimination.
Any learner who believes that they have not been treated fairly, and in accordance with this policy, is entitled to raise their concerns.
The complaint is to be directed to ‘The Director’. Any complaints of discrimination will be dealt with fairly, promptly and confidentially.
We reserve the right to change our Equal Opportunities Policy without prior notice. This policy is kept under review and subject to change in line with changes and amendments to law and any events that require the policy is updated.